Intervene for the Child
Most foster parents do not know what to do to protect
their child. When we feel an individual child’s rights are being violated,
we will intervene.
- We offer our advice and experience as fellow foster parents
to those who call for help.
- We provide self help materials on this website to assist foster
parents on how to get help, how to document, how to advocate for their
child, and how to prepare papers for court.
- On a case by case basis, we may file an amicus “friend of the court” briefs.
- We are available to work with existing guardians ad
provide legal and social research, and legwork case assistance.
We are working to build a legal aid society with a network
of attorneys experience with dependency. Our goals are:
- A network of attorneys to provide pro
bono (free) one hour consultation to foster parent members.
- A network attorneys to offer discounted legal services for foster parents.
- A legal aid fund to pay for attorneys when direct,
full representation is needed.
For the foreseeable future, helping foster parents find
free or discounted legal aid will be carried out by volunteers. We attempt to leverage
existing services and help make the connections.